Feed on
Posts
comments

Archive for October, 2013

I’ve said it before.. but it’s worth repeating..Xylitol is DEADLY to Pets!!

VP Client Information Sheets By VIN Community Contributors   Authored by: Carlye Rose DVM, Dip. ABVP   Ladybug Graham, a Norwich terrier, died at the age of 5 months after ingesting sugarless gum with xylitol. She weighed 9.8 pounds. Only one wrapper was found. Her family created a website at www.ladybugslegacy.org to inform pet owners […]

Read Full Post »

Good reason NOT to feed treats- try using carrots instead!

October 23, 2013 Nearly 600 U.S. pet deaths associated with Chinese jerky treats; cause is still elusive Australian research blames unknown toxin; FDA encourages veterinarians to submit reports, data and urine samples from suspected cases. In the wake of an Australian Veterinary Journal1 article outlining a study of dogs exposed to dried chicken treats produced […]

Read Full Post »